Projects

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Tenebrael Shard



The past few weeks have seen a lull in painting. I simply haven't had much desire to get the brushes out. However this past weekend the wife and I got in on another Age of Sigmar game down at the local gamestore. This has managed to rekindle some modelling spirit in both of us. She is working on assembling some ghouls for her Death force (rather in the spirit of the season) and I finished off the next character for Silver Tower.



So far this has been the most difficult figure to paint from the set. Partially due to not really having any inspiration on how to paint him but mostly because he's physical hard to paint. He has so many overlapping layers of trailing cloth, flying chains, pointy blades and poofy hair that navigating the brush through it was very frustrating.





I veered away from GW standard dark  elves and instead tried something more like D&D's drow with a darker skin tone. I stole the lavender for the pants and cloth from an anime we recently watched. It's definitely not one of my go to colors but I think it worked out for him.



I also assembled the Grot scuttlings. They seem pretty easy so I'm gonna try to get all 8 done in one go and push up the finished model count.

I need to get some more dwarves put together before they get overwhelmed by ghouls!


4 comments:

  1. These new miniatures really are stunning, what a wonderful job you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael, even this one with its problems was still fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo my good sir! Cracking job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...